NRITHYOPASANA SCHOOL OF BHARATANATYAM
Nrithyopasana School of Bharatanatyam, in Melbourne is an institute found in 2013 by Lalitha Narayanan, for imparting the age old traditional art form of Bharatanatyam to people who are passionate about it. Students are taught in the same traditional and inspiring manner as in the home country of this art form, India. Dance has no barriers and we definitely upkeep this belief by welcoming students of all ages and cultures to learn this beautiful form of Indian dance.
Nrithyopasana School has been privileged to be part of various multicultural festivals and occasions in Australia and India. We are regular performers at several associations and festivals held during the year.
The idea behind founding Nrithyopasana School is to strengthen the huge tree of Bharatanatyam by preaching its principles and values to its students. Through this, we aim to create a fundamental platform which will enhance the beauty and value of the tree.
A few occasions in Melbourne, where Nrithyopasana School has been a part of:
- Buddha Jayanti – May 2013 at Federation Square
- ISKCON (International Society for Krishna Consciousness) – August 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- FIAV Multicultural Fest – 2015 and 2016
- Multicultural Fest for Metro Rail – November 2013
- Navaratri Fest – October 2015, 2016 and 2017